Exhausted from an awesome week


GLASGOW SHIRTS 

I am very fortunate to have four sets of parents. One set of Heavenly parents, two sets of American parents (my birth parents and my in-laws) and my Scottish parents. My mum and paw in Scotland sent us a parcel which had these shirts! They say "You can take the girl out of Glasgow, but you can't take Glasgow out of the girl." Nate's says the same but instead of Glasgow his says Scotland! I was incredibly excited to receive these shirts. Nate is very understanding of how important it is to me and he shares the enjoyment with me! He is a trooper and I love him.  


FHE: Ice Skating


This week for Family Home Evening we went ice skating! It was a blast. Nate said that he was expecting me to be bad and that I would need his help. Later I told him I took ice skating lessons when I was about 7 years old. I loved the surprise look on his face. He said something along the lines of "I was expecting you to be bad, but you are spinning circles around me." I felt the same with him. I didn't expect him to be as good or brave as he was on the ice. A new surprise we learn about each other 7 months into our marriage. 

Here is a video my my skills



Nate's skills  





 After ice skating we went to see if there were any soccer games being played. There was indeed! We watched and picked a team to cheer for. I can image what the players are thinking as we are yell for them on the side line "Do I know them? They must be a friend of one of my teammates." haha     
NO we are just a random couple who enjoys watching soccer! 


Mediation Wednesday
For all of those who forgot or are reading my blog for the first time. I have an internship helping one of the adjunct teachers at UVU with mediation at the small claims court in the valley. This Wednesday we were at Springville justice court. My mother in-law Julie knows the judge and told the judge that I would be coming. When the judge saw me she knew who I was which was cool. I was the only mediator who showed up other than my adviser. There were two cases that could go to mediation. One party said yes. As I went out we made a settlement in ten minutes! One of the parties had an attorney who took the reins. It was nice to settle the case quickly. The second case was more reluctant to try mediation, but the judge said to try mediation for at least 30 minutes. It was difficult, but I kept calm, but the case didn't settle. The parties gave mediation 30 minutes, but it didn't settle which is a shame. When I was debriefing with my adviser I found out that the Judge knew the second case wouldn't settle in mediation, but the judge wanted me to get experience. I learned a lot about how to approach those types of cases, but I know I helped the parties more than if they went straight to trial. Life is better when good relationships are established. 


Thursday was my New York Life Interview
Last week I mentioned that I had an interview for New York Life insurance. This Thursday I had my interview and it wasn't really an interview. It was an agent, who spoke with me at the career fair, going over a packet and informing me about New York and everything they do. It was overwhelming and everything the agent went over is found on the website, which I looked over before the interview. The more I listened the more I didn't feel that it was a right fit. After the interview the agent said they have interviewees take a personality test to see how compatible they are for the company. I'm pretty sure I took a survey NOT  personality test. There wasn't one question about my personality. It kept asking me about my current income and status and whether or not I had life insurance and how long I had life insurance. There were a lot of questions that I couldn't answer because it didn't apply, but there was no option for "doesn't apply."  I was impressed with their organization until I took the "personality test" It was poorly done and I don't know how those questions help them figure out if I will be a good fit for their company. It doesn't matter at the end of the day because I'm not going to pursue it any further

WEDDING FRIDAY
On Friday Nate and I attended a sealing in the morning to our friend we met at our old apartment complex Village on the Parkway. We have stayed in touch and she actually helped me make my bouquet for my wedding. Our friend Kayleigh is a recent covert to the church. I think she has been a member for about three to four years. Kayleigh moved to Orem from New York. She started a life from scratch and succeeded wonderfully. When she started to start her now husband Tracy she would talk to me about "how do you know you love someone?" and "What do i do?" haha. We had good talks and I was touched when she invited us to her sealing. I am so proud of Kayleigh and being sealed in the temple for time and all eternity. She glowed with happiness and her husband Tracy looks at her with such admiration. I had moments of remembrance from when Nate and I got married. Such a great day! Way to go Tracy and Kayleigh! 

Second Reception

The second wedding was a reception from my friend Nathan Pehrson. I know Nathan from when I went to teach English in Ukraine. Nathan's sister was my head teacher and Nathan was in my group. Nathan recently return home from his mission in the Baltic's and he was our interpreter while we were in Ukraine. His family is wonderful and his sister Christina is one of my very good friends.

Nathan, Lisa and Christina Parks

LOVE THIS GIRL!

Saturday Hike
Amber Kelly (my sister) and Me

Amber knows I hike the Y every Saturday and she was in town this week. Amber hasn't been extremely active over the past year because of her surgery a year ago. She had a longer recovery process than planned. I am proud of my sister for pushing through challenges and getting back to what she loves to do as soon as she is able to. We conquered the Y mountain!


We are Number 1

The Y has made us stronger
View from the Y



Date with Josie Kelly 
Amber asked Nate and I if we could take Josie to the movie Dolphin Tale 2 on Saturday night while she went to a wedding reception of a family friends that she hasn't seen in a long time. Nate and I ended up having Josie for 8 hours on Saturday. Amber needed her hair done so she dropped Josie off in the afternoon. While waiting for the movie to start we played games, performed one of Josie's plays and when Nate and I didn't want to play theater any more we started of braining storming ideas. I remembered a place in Springville that was a pumpkin patch with a petting zoo, a corn maze and some activities for families. Josie, Nate and I had a lot of fun, We climbed the haystack, walked through a mini haunted house.

 
                           
Josie at the top
Lisa at the top
Nate petting a Kangaroo
Josie with the Kangaroo

Josie playing in corn kernels. This pit was so much fun! So much better than sand
Josie and I were buried in the corn kernels. I don't know about Josie but I was finding corn kernels through out the whole night. I shook off as much as I could in public. When I went to the bathroom before we left I heard three to four more kernels fall. After the movie I found kernels in my pockets and I used the bathroom again and more kernels hit the ground. Kernels were EVERYWHERE. Nate, Josie and I could only laugh. I found two more in my shoes when I got home. I have to say that kernels are much better than sand in my opinion. I love sand because it's warm and fun to play with, but it's much harder to remove it from your clothes and especially her shoes.

This video explains why I was finding kernels three hours later!   http://youtu.be/YAi0LB_mDMw
Lisa and Josie 





  Right after we took the picture above I looked at Nate who seemed distracted. I waited to see if he was going to say something. As I waited Nate looked down and  saw an animal trying to get stray into a hole. We both took out our cameras to watch. We think it was a fielt mouse. The head looked like a mouse, but the size of the head was more like a rat.

 Decide for yourself


Giggle Moment

Nate's toothbrush that has been with him for 5 years broke this week. I had an extra electric toothbrush and gave it to Nate. These videos are the first time Nate is using it. I laughed so hard! Hope you enjoy as much as I did! 

Title: "Nate can't brush his teeth without laughing"




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birthday SURPRISE!!!!!!!

Christmas and New years 2017

Season with Family