Yes, it's true, my birthday is on Star Wars day, may the 4th (force) be with you. However, that is not the surprise I received. Monday evening I went to bed with cramps. Tuesday morning (3am) the vomiting started. Tuesday mid morning I couldn't keep anything in my stomach and my cramps were continually getting worse.
Nate came home for lunch and I told him I would like to go to the hospital. Once we arrived we discovered that I had appendicitis. What I thought was serious constipation ended up being Appendicitis. Orem Community send me to Utah Valley to get an MRI to confirm their findings. It was indeed true. Tuesday night I went into surgery and had my appendix removed. Afterwards the doctor spoke with Nate (because I was too incoherent from the drugs) and told him that my appendix was on the verge of bursting. I am grateful I got in the hospital when I did.
 |
| My sweet nurses put together and card and a candy basket for me. I love the balloon, so clever! |
 |
| One of my hospital meals! |
 |
| My ticket into the hospital! |
Mother's Day
 |
The Young Women fundraiser was a huge success! Here are some of the Girls art work!
MY MOM: JOANN GARLOCK
There is so much to say about his wonderful lady. I consider this blog on online journal so it's important for me to express myself (don't worry, I wont vent too long! ;).
I could say a lot of things about my mom, but I would like to focus on what has been most important to me. I would describe my mom as being a black and white person. It's either this way or that way' right or wrong. I don't remember much grey area when it came to rules and commandments.
Today some would say that the black and white personality is hard to be around or live with, that they are tunnel minded and stubborn. I'm hear to tell you, you're only looking at the negative attributes!
I believe my mom has the gift of discernment, knowing what is right and wrong. She used that gift of the spirit to raise all her children, to teach us the ways of the Lord. This leads me to the greatest thing my mom did for me. She (along with other) helped me gain my own knowledge of the Gospel. Learning how my mom used the gift of discernment helped me to know how I could use it as well.
My Testimony of The Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder-Day Saints has been the best thing in my life. Without my testimony I wouldn't be as happy, as educated, as loving, I probably wouldn't have hope or be married into a wonderful family. Thank you Mom for you dedicated to the Gospel, your standards and your family!
|
 |
Nate and I were discussing being eternally indebted. Generated from a Gospel Doctrine study. We asked "Will we ever be able to pay Christ back?" My first instinct thought was "Yes, in the eternities when we have our own world and make sacrifices" (thinking more in worldly sense that people can always pay back money, why not other things too). Realizing I spoke too soon, I listened to Nate and thought about it more. I have accepted that I will always be in debt to Christ and what he has done for me. In a nutshell from our discussion. There are some things we can pay back or return the favor; such as money, or service or kindness, and there are other things we can't return to people. For instance: I will never be able to give my mom a building block to her testimony. I will never to be able to fully return what my mom has done for me and I'm okay with that. I know my mom is happy with whom I've become and I consider that payment! |
SHOUT OUT!
 |
Obviously, these are my sisters, not my mom. However, they are mothers and it is Mother's day. I posted on Facebook about these two ladies (don't know why, when I post my blog on Facebook! haha) . These ladies deserve a second shout out! Here are some things I love about each of my sisters and their roles as mothers. Amber: Has such a tender heart, ability to explain adult concepts to children, spunky, excellent cook (Thanks Ryan- her husband :), loves service, will excuse herself from a conversation to listen to what her child is trying to tell her ( some find this rude, but not the way Amber does it) and encourages children to learn and reach for the stars
Cyndi: Amazing organizing skills, brave, strong (carrying both twins up a big hill to the car), thrifty, Resourceful- They are often out participating in the community. Encourages education and reaching for the stars, loving, Excellent listener, has a memory like an elephant, loves service.
They are similar in many ways, but I tried to find specific qualities in each of my sisters.
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! I LOVE YOU!
|
 |
This is Julie Hancock, my mother in law. I couldn't find a selfie picture of her so you get to enjoy my father in law as well. Julie, is the best mother in law I could have asked for. Have you ever built something in your mind ie: a birthday cake and it turned out better than how you imaged? Well that is how i feel about my mother in law Julie. I pictured what I thought would be a great mother in law and I got someone better! Thanks Mom Hancock for giving me warm welcome to the family! It felt like home on the First Sunday dinner! (two in a half years ago).
HAPPY MOTHERS AND I LOVE YOU!
|
 |
This is Annika, my sister in law. Again, no selfie picture. Annika can be summed up in a couple of words, Awesome, Awesome and Awesome! Annika is kind, soft spoken, crazy fun, daring, loving and supportive! Okay that was more than a couple, I wanted to express in what ways I appreciate who she is. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY ANNIKA! |
Comments
Post a Comment