Starting off May


BOSTON
Just when you think there can't be anything else to say or love about this dog, Boston finds a new thing to do. 

I love how he can take a nap ON his feet! Dogs are awesome

I often catch Boston in this spot, sometimes he rests his jaw on the gate. I still am trying to figure out what it means; does he want me to play, get a treat, or does he just like to watch me from that spot.
Moments like these, I wish dogs could talk. That would probably be one of my wishes, be an animal whisperer. I would wish to understand and speak to animals 


I have noticed recently, last month or so,that Boston NEVER leaves my side. Boston has always been this way, following me around, wanting to go everywhere I go, always looking like Boston was on an invisible leash, close but still giving me space. It was the best!
However, Boston has popped my close range bubble. He literally gets so close to me sometimes, I can feel his nose touch my leg, while i'm walking!
 If I start walking and forget something I quickly pivot around 180 degrees and run into Boston, than Boston doesn't know which way to go and it becomes a dance to get past him.
I have run into Boston so many times, I am starting to think he is not getting the clue that he is too close ;p. Guess I'll have to start rounding my pivots when I need to go back and get something.
Sometimes I laugh, sometimes I huff with anger at this new habit Boston has.
I have one theory, Boston is becoming more protective and thinks the closer he is the safer Ethan and I will be.
This picture is precious and a good example. This is at my moms place. After doing some exploring Boston chooses to sit between us (Ethan and I) and the front door, almost like he wants to be the first to address any threat that comes through the door. I find this endearing, However I noticed that Boston has had more aggressive encounters (with dogs only) when both Ethan and I are with him. All I need to do is keep it under control, which I don't think will be too hard because Boston knows I'm ALPHA! ;p
I don't know if I have emphasis this enough, but Boston is a sensitive cuddle dog. Boston loves to gives hugs and be the center of attention ( I believe I am at fault for one of those things, I spoiled Boston with attention before Ethan was born). 
Anyway, When Ethan is napping it's Mom and Boston time. This particular day Boston must have really wanted to be comforted because once he climbed on top of me (after I gave him permission). Boston fell asleep on me!!!!  
My  heart just melted. It was a win win; Boston felt comforted and I cuddled with a newly bathed puppy who felt like a soft blanket and smelled like green apples!


LOVE his sleeping positions. That is one tired puppy!

I sure do love morning. Fresh crisp air, Sun peeking through the clouds after an evening rain! Bliss


This picture does a good job summing up what it's like to be Ethan's mother!!
I am so blessed!
First trip to the store without a car seat. Ethan is still not strong enough to hold himself up. Glad I had a blanket to use as padding! 


MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU!! Yes it's true, my birthday is on Star Wars day.  After marrying Nate I have become more appreciative of Stars Wars and therefore love my birthday even more! 
LOOK! I have eyelashes, In order for this birthday gift to arrive ontime, I needed to start nourishing them in Feb. Thanks Amber Kelly for the Lash Boost from Rodan and Fields!
These are my eye lashes WITHOUT mascara! 

I woke up to a decorated living room and kitchen! A little thing to know about me; I secretly LOVE decorations and birthdays. I was so grateful that my Husband (the guy who doesn't necessarily enjoy decorations)  put up some decorations for my birthday.
Decorations just make the event that much better! 

My birthday happen to land on Date night and on my week to plan date night. Once I realized this I thought "What should I do for my birthday?" I know reading this, it may not seem so mind blowing so I'm going to try and help you understand how mind blowing it was for me. Think about if you had a 5 hour date night with no kids, what would you do? Would you use the entire 5 hours, would you travel somewhere? stay local? Make it romantic, calm, adventurous?
Here's what I decided: Sundance Zip-line, Dinner at Tucanos (i get a free meal!) and a Cakoozie at The chocolate house
Fortunately I got 2/3. Sundance Zipline opens later in May. So instead of ZipLine Nate and I played racquetball instead and it was the best game we have played this year!
Nate and I will go do the zipline when it opens. We are thinking of it as late birthday(mine and Nate's) and anniversary celebration!  Nate's birthday creep up on my too fast this year, I felt bad that we didn't really do anything for his birthday. 

It was week to wear all kinds of protection: Hat, sunglasses and lipsense! 

FUN WITH MY NEW PHONE!
I know these picture features have already made it's wave of excitement and I know that I am joining in on the fun late, but come one. How hilarious are these pictures! :) 






MORE OF ETHAN
Ethan is now 4.5 months. He can grab his toes, laughs when mom touches his feet to his face. Thinks any deep noise is funny, loves to stand up, can grab with his toes and sleeps on his belly







HIT THE SPOT, EVERY SPOT
Thank you Applebees for adjusting your menu every 6 months or so, it's always fun to see what new recipes you have. Thank you for trying Sweet mash potato with maple and pecans you made all my worries of the day disappear! 







 HAT PEOPLE?
Nate and I decided we look good in hats, but are not hat people; we don't wear them. Kinda sad if you ask me. 


I spy with my little eye, a Boston. Can you spot him?


I think Boston loves us! 
This little guy is starting to eat baby food. 4.5 months and eating like a champ!
Again, this feature is awesome! 

Enjoying the Bumbo! That smile melts my heart! He is such a little charmer!

No big deal, just grabbing my toes!
 Love that toothless face look! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birthday SURPRISE!!!!!!!

Christmas and New years 2017

Season with Family