Get ready to have 3 months of fun to read Hancock news! :)
ETHAN NEWS
 |
Ethan has seen me wear my bathrobe before and said "Mom, shower too, shower too." I think he is still young enough to shower with mom. I didn't have a towel for him, since it was last minute, but I did have my soft pink robe. He reminds me of a little Jedi |
 |
The ladies man. On this particular March afternoon, Ethan played with 3 older girls! They all were so sweet and patient with him. We sure are going to miss these mounds of dirt next to our house. All the lots in our neighborhood have sold. We will be experiencing a lot of construction this fall. |
 |
| Ethan's FIRST movie theater movie: How to train your dragon 3. Poor Ethan got sick the next day (you can already see it in his eyes). Ethan did great in the theater. His eyes were glued on Toothless, Hiccup and the "White dragon." Since the releasing we have only watched "How to train your dragon" 1.2 and 3. Our whole family LOVES the series. |
 |
| Monkey see, monkey do. I briefly did a straddle stretch and Ethan wanted to try to. |
 |
He was pretty close to the ground. Perhaps Ethan will have my flexibility, a lot of people have asked me if I was or am a dancer, I'm not. I'm just flexible. Nate is as flexible as Gumby; can bend, but with great effort haha. |
SCOUT SERVICE: STARTING EARLY
 |
| As a den leader I am as active as I can be. The picture above is when the Scouts helped sorted canned food at Tabitha's way. Ethan had A LOT of fun stacking boxes with one of the scouts. Ethan also helped throw food into the correct bin. Don't worry I gave him Top roman. I wouldn't let him throw cans, what kind of irresponsible parent do you think I am? haha |
 |
| These two, one word. FRIENDS. They know each other by name and when they are together they laugh, play, fight, make up (by themselves) and stay out of trouble! I love seeing Ethan make friends, as a mom I worried Ethan would miss his friends from our old ward. There were a lot of good friendships established. It's a great blessing and example to see my little guy making new friends. It reminds me that I need to do the same. |
 |
| I caught this on our baby camera. I laughed so hard, I love everything about this picture. On the floor, no pants, pajama top, binky, his crossed leg, books all around him, even one on his bed. |
 |
| YAY, they can both bathe together! 1 bath, 2 kids. Much time and tears saved. Ethan would want to take a bath with Asher (when he was too little to sit up or crawl) and then cry when we told him to wait his turn. |
ASHER JAY
 |
Asher shakes the table and smiles when he hears the lamp move around on the table. Thankfully he is not strong enough to knock the lamp off |
 |
Yes, the phase of opening drawers and cabinets has begun. We really should baby proof, we, i mean me, are too lazy right now. I will justify and say "He is exploring, why take that away from him? haha Maybe baby proof with the next kid? haha |
 |
| No words, just enjoy the sweetness |
WELCOME HALEY TO OUR FAMILY
 |
Sorry the picture is so dark. This is Haley Kalt's, now Garlock!, bridal shower. It was so fun to see her side of the family. Welcome to the family Haley, we already love you. |
 |
| Waiting for the bride and groom to come out of the Temple. That under bite smile :) |
 |
| On our way to the 70's dancing reception. |
 |
| I held Ethan the ENTIRE TIME. He wouldn't go to anyone else and he didn't want to dance or run around. After about 30 minutes of dancing and socializing Ethan tells me "mom, car" Ethan was worn out from the day. |
FAMILY VISITS
This is becoming a tradition with the Ordyna's. David wants to hike they "Y" with Boston. Since Nate would rather watch the kids than Hike and Boston listens to me better than David! haha I get to hike, which I love.
All the Ordyna kids are now old enough to hike, it was a lot of fun.
 |
| My brother Tyler, took the smaller kids to the bottom of the "Y." After seeing the rest of us on the top of the "Y" the smaller kids wanted to come on top too. Family instinct of wanting to be together. (Families are eternal). |
HAPPY? EASTER
 |
| This was our best attempt at an Easter photo. Perhaps next time we should try at Church, like everyone else. |
 |
Decorating Easter eggs for the first time. I have been looking forward to this for a year. I was curious what Ethan would decide for his egg |
 |
| LOVE THEM. |
CALIFORNIA TRIP
This opportunity came up when my cousin asked my mom to help out with a yard sale she was doing to help raise money for adoption. My cousin's neighborhood has an annual yard sale (200+ houses) and needed extra hands to help out. My mom was invited and said yes and invited anyone else who wanted to come and help out.
My mom and I thought it would be fun and worth it to stay a week and visit other family members too.
The yard sale went successfully. My cousin made twice as much as her goal and there were more than 200 people who came to her house. Seriously this neighborhood yard sale was huge!
Here is our California adventure...
 |
| Stopped at Cracker Barrel for a late breakfast/ early lunch. Ethan loved the golf tee game (I can't remember what it's called. . |
 |
Curious Asher looking at the crayon. Both boys traveled SO WELL and ate really well too. HUGE BLESSING |
 |
| My cousin had a blow up slide bounce house. We really didn't need anything else. |
 |
My cousin has an Air bnb that we were able to stay in, It's just behind her house above the garage. It was perfect. It's called "The Marvel Manor" It's located in Riverside California. I think she is 30-40 minutes from Disneyland. She has masks, marvel movies, games, a small kitchen and excellent AC. Asher and I had fun with the masks. |
 |
| Asher at breakfast. That hair, I had fun styling it. I knew it would only last about 10 minutes and then deflate. I enjoyed every minute of it. |
Visiting Grams Garlock
 |
| Ethan loved Grams porcelain bunnies. There was A LOT of reminding to "keep the bunnies where they're at" and "put the bunnies back, gently." |
 |
| Ethan fit perfectly in this cute doll chair. He wanted to do everything in that chair. Talk, read and eat his chips. |
 |
| Asher finding more of Grams toys. |
 |
| My Aunt took us to "Blue bird?/jay?" park. It was Asher's first experience with sand. He loved it, mom didn't. Mostly the cleaning part and finding sand a day later when changing a diaper. |
 |
| This turtle was Ethan's favorite. The different colors, different textures, the fact he could climb and "Ride" it. The highlight of the park. |
 |
| More of the park. |
 |
| The beach. First time for both of them. You would never guess it was their first time, they played like they had been playing in sand all their lives. |
 |
| Ethan accumulated friends. Not even joking. 2 different set of families moved all their stuff over by us and all our kids played together. It amazes me how Ethan has this friend super power. He attracts people like I've never seen before. Love that kid. |
 |
| This is how we roll. Drink in one hand, chips/popcorn in the other and a Dragon movie. The chip bag was a huge mistake later when he dumped out everything. We had to take his carseat out and wipe it down so he wouldn't be sitting on sharp chips edges. |
MY BIRTHDAY SURPRISE
My sweet husband had the house decorated for my birthday (the day we came home from California). It was a colorful and lovely surprise, that I loved. Nate said it took him 2 hours. Well Nate, 2 hours well worth it because I loved everything about it. I left it up until it fell down.
 |
| I'm now 30! Thirty, flirty and thriving! (yes I did watch that movie for my birthday). |
FAMILY PICTURES:
Here are some of my favorites. My friend is amazing. FB: Brandon Young Films
Instagram: brandon_youngfilms.
He and his wife are photographers and Brandon also and mainly does video films.
 |
To help Ethan laugh, we did a "bonk" game. Ethan pretends to throw/ flick an object and Nate pretends the object "bonks" him on the head. It's a hilarious and exhausting game we play at our house. this is why Ethan's fingers are the way they are. |
MOTHER'S DAY
 |
| This is how much Nate loves me. He knows I don't really appreciates getting flowers or any of the traditional girl gifts, he knows I am practical and I like to reuse anything I can. I know this sounds crazy and it probably started off as a small joke, but I love how he taped over "Birth" and put "Mothers." Using 1 balloon for 2 purposes, it was awesome! and I love it. |
 |
| My friend took this picture without me knowing and sent it to me in a text message later saying. "Just thought it should be documented." I couldn't agree more. |
3 KEY ELEMENTS SEMINAR
My mom and sister went to this seminar last year and thought my dad, brother and I would benefit and enjoy. I would recommend this seminar if you feel like your stuck in a rut and don't know how to get out.
 |
| Daddy daughter lunch. |
Here are some concepts talked about at the seminar.
PROJECTS AND MORE
 |
| A while back, okay a really long time ago at a Relief Society activity, we learned about water color. 6 months later, I finished my water color. I am really happy with it. |
 |
| Ethan's potty humor....putting dog food in his toilet and pretending it's his own. OH this kid is funny. |
 |
| We know have a double stroller! A huge thanks to an intuitive ward member who asked. "Are you in need of a double stroller?, I am getting rid of mine." It really was perfect timing because weeks prior I was looking at double strollers to take on my California trip, and they are expensive. |
 |
| I am becoming Betty Crocker. I made Cream of chicken soup from scratch for our Hawaiin Haystacks! It was VERY bland, but not burnt. Salt, cheese and lots of toppings made the sauce work. Attempt 2 will happen again, but the flavor will be better :) |
 |
| Made my new sister in laws preztel crust jello. It wasn't as good, but still delicious. |
 |
| My Love. |
 |
| My love on the girl snapchat filter. This picture is going down in history as one of the funniest pictures of Nate. He looks identical to his older sister. |
Comments
Post a Comment