For sake of time, i'm going to explain each picture chronology.
This Summer/Fall adventures
 |
| Feeding the Ducks at Nelson's Grove. We loved coming to this park, just for the Ducks. Ethan was brave enough to chase the ducks at one point. |
 |
| We loved reading this book from the library. |
 |
| I checked out this book from the Library not expecting Ethan to take a huge interest, but definitely hoping he would. To my huge surprise he did Yoga with me, from this book, twice. |
 |
| Strolling the Costco Splash Pad |
 |
| Running for more bucket water fun. I am so proud of this kid. He faced his water fear over the summer. Swim lessons helped as well as visiting water places. By the end of summer, this kid was brave enough to run towards the water. Way to go Ethan. |
 |
| Front yard water play. Ethan used our sleds as "kayaks" Ethan learned about Moana and her boat. "Aboard my boat" -Ethan. |
 |
| Yes I will always say yes to a close up of my babies! |
 |
| Playing with his best friends on their Kayak/Boat. |
 |
| Best Friends. It starts so young. They were giggling and talking to each other as they warmed up. |
 |
| Who doesn't want to eat a cupcake in a "kayak" |
 |
| Imagination play. |
 |
| He now will smile on cue! |
 |
| Living next to a walking trail has been a blessing to this mama. Walking less than half a mile for 20 minutes of entertainment is wonderful. Asher getting ready to throw his hand full of rocks into a puddle. |
 |
| "Mom, Watch this, I run fast" |
 |
| Hide and seek in the cabinets. Yes, he opened and crawled in all by himself. |
 |
| Hiding beind his bear. |
 |
| Stealing brothers Capri Sun. To say Asher LOVES capri suns, is an understatement. He could probably drink the whole thing in one breathe. I have seen him drink the whole thing with out taking his lips off the straw. Asher loves his juice "joo" |
 |
Yes, yes and YES. Reading cereal boxes. Remember when Cereal boxes were more interesting. They would have games to play, fun things to read and a prize inside. Why has cereal gone down hill? Shouldn't those companies have MORE money for printing mazes and word searches on the back of cereal boxes? (rant over) I loved seething Ethan reading his cereal box, brought me back to my youth. |
 |
| Boston and I going for bike rides. YES, I finally got my beach cruiser. I have wanted a beach cruiser for a very long time and I saw a great deal on KSL. Since then Boston have I have gone out almost every week. We both need and love it. |
 |
| My cousin, Haylee's weddings reception. This is Ethans first experience with a sour skittle. |
 |
| Their reception was gorgeous. Self decorated by ivy, fountains and trees. ( I can't remember the name of the place). |
 |
| Ethan showing me the water fountain. He was fascinated. |
 |
| We were blessed with loads, I mean loads of dirt. The lot behind us was being built this summer and we benefited from the mounds of dirt left before the back fill. |
 |
| Big brother showing little brother how to scale his crib. Doesn't Asher look like Ethan's twin. He is so big. |
 |
| Nate napping. I suppose everyone has a favorite napping spot. |
 |
| Morning walks, Ethan pushing Asher on the trail. I am a lucky mom to have these two. |
 |
Fun and tragic day. This is the day, we went on a 2 hour walk/explore. 5 minutes after this picture was taken the boys were throwing dirt into the storm river. Ethan took off his shoes and without hesitation Asher threw one of Ethan's crocs into the river.
My mom instinct came in and i hurried to put Asher in the stroller so he wouldn't jump in the water. I rushed to the river and thought I saw the croc stuck in close by bushes. I made my way down, being firm with Ethan to "STAY." I looked and looked but the croc had floated away. Those crocs were Ethan's favorite shoes.
Two-three months later Ethan still tells me "Mom, Where's my croc?....... Asher threw my shoe and water take it away" Ethan will never let Asher forget. As a mom i was gutted and desperately wanted that croc back to. For very different reasons: 1. Ethan could put on and take it off without my help and second, they were only $5 at Walmart and I knew I would have to spend at least $20 to replace those shoes. UGH, I looked it up, it's closer to $30.
|
 |
| Eating Otter Pops. My kids LOVE otter pops. During the really hot days. Every day in July we would have an otter pop snack after our naps. It was a part of my day. Enjoying the breeze, happy kids and eating otter pops along with them. |
 |
| A view from a bike ride. |
 |
| This one reminds me of my mission. Lots of green fields in one of my mission areas. |
 |
| Boston enjoying a cool off in the storm drain river. This pup, is hard to keep up with after 3 miles. Geez, does he have a lot of energy. |
 |
| Boston found some whipped cream. Boston is the key to my clean floors and walls. |
 |
Learning and catching Praying mantis and "Grass poppers." We caught a maimed baby grasshopper. The grasshopper was missing a back leg. He survived the night with us and we released him the next day. Ethan asked me "Mom, take grass popper for a walk?" ...we did. |
 |
| Ethan helping me with painting projects. This project turned into Christmas Snowmen. Finished product will be shown at Christmas time. |
 |
| Falling asleep with books. "100 words for toddlers" |
 |
| We had front row seats to a fire. The historical Anderson building burnt to the ground. I learned The Anderson Tower held fertilizer and would load the near by train with fertilizer and deliver it to local farms. At one point the Anderson tower had nitrate (apparently, good for fertilizing). We were all a little worried there would be an explosion. Thankfully, the Anderson building hasn't been active in a long time. It was so sad to see a historic building burn to the ground. |
 |
| The fireman used the fire hydrant in our neighborhood, that gives you an idea of how close we were. |
 |
| Enjoying carnivals with friends. |
 |
| Balloon guns |
 |
| We had lots of park visits. |
 |
| Hide and seek in the laundry room. Asher was going after my wool laundry balls, Ethan thought it looked fun to get inside. |
 |
| Feeding the Koi Fish at Thanksgiving point. Those are some hungry fish. We loved watching them fight for the food. They would swim on top of each other for that one piece of food. |
 |
| A miracle. All kids, including dogs, posed and smile for the picture. |
 |
| Friend time. |
 |
"Mom, I working out" Ethan often tells me "Mom, don't work out" I've been trying to get up earlier so I finish my workout before he gets up, but it doesn't happen everyday. I will either turn Ethan off of working out or inspire him. |
 |
| Sharing laughs as they climb on mom. |
 |
"Mom, take a picture of me.... I ready" Notice his "sword" on the ground |
 |
| Painting our pumpkins for Halloween. |
 |
| Throwing wet toilet paper and sticky decorations on the bathroom wall. Those sticky decorations will not be coming back next year. |
 |
| Making new friends at the dog park. Boston has struggled finding dogs that can wrestle and play with him. This Malibu exercised patience with Boston and it was so sweet. |
 |
| Asher is becoming more independent. He can say "ketchup" "Dip" " more" and he love to dip foods into his ketchup. |
 |
| What a goof. |
 |
| Boston forcing snuggles. Hilarious, but heavy. |
Comments
Post a Comment