Polishing off 2019

Ending the year with a new hair color. I love it!


Before

After


Yes, Ethan is 3. He loves the idea of being a big boy. He can climb into any of our cupboards and get anything out. He loves his blue and white blanket (it's the same blanket Nate had as a baby-Toddler). Ethan LOVES dinosaurs, semi trucks, Legos and smashing (like the Hulk). His vocabulary is growing, I hear him form complete sentences everyday with new words. Ethan currently loves Life Savors, chewing gum like mom, reading books and still loves his binky. Some favorite phrases Ethan says are "No, mom I can't. I'm too strong."   "I can't want it"  "I can't like/eat it"


I left the house for a bit, to work on Ethan's blocks, when I came home, I went downstairs to follow a noise. Thinking I left the T.V. on I go downstairs to find Ethan naked watching a truck video on Youtube. Before I left, he was fully dress and locked in his bedroom for a nap. He managed to take the doorknob lock off his door, take off his clothes and diaper, go downstairs and figured out how to turn on the tv, find the Youtube app and use the arrows on the remote to click on the video he wanted to watch.
Yes I felt very outsmarted by a 3 yr old. 

Ethan using the curtain as a "coat" This kid is hilarious! 


Ethan got Legos for his birthday and Christmas. This year was more fun. Ethan understood the concept of birthday and Christmas. He didn't want his birthday fun to end. In fact a couple days after his birthday he asked his Aunt Tinisha "You have present for me?"

Ethan getting his teeth cleaned. NO CAVITIES! He held still the hold time. It helped that he was able to watch Toy Story. They even had sunglasses to block the extra light in the room. We have a cool dentist. 

Ethan using himself as a canvas. I tried to wash the washable marker off but he told me, "My body is home for my snakes" 

He was very proud to have snakes on his body! haha


We like having friends over.

Bath time with Asher is never long enough. For this bath session Ethan told me "Mom, I'm a hippopotamus."



ANNUAL TRADITION 
"THE CHRISTMAS CAROL" aka Scrooge
Love this tradition. A great reminder to shed the pride and to reach out to others (and many, many other lessons). 

Ward Christmas Party. Potluck breakfast! 

We had to arrive early to drop off our breakfast casserole. You can see Asher's body is still waking up!



CHRISTMAS AT THE GARLOCK'S
My brother Tyler suggested we try something different, hoping to make it a new tradition. Instead of gingerbread houses, we made waffle houses and then ate what we made. I would say it was a success! This is our barn house. 

Ruth's house. 

A bomb shelter, I think? 

The boys eating fruit, whipped cream and a little bacon, but mostly blueberries. 
Feeding each other all the fruit. 

All the grand kids

Ethan thought the Ordyna kids looked like Sheep haha. Ruth played along and let Ethan chase her! WE love Ruth. 

Checked out Light the World vending machines and donated. We met a Senior couple who had the name "Garlick." Fun fact my ancestors came from Germany. Before we came to America our name was Gerlach, the name was changed to Garlick, then to Garlock. The senior couple missionary we met had a similar story. When their ancestors came, they also changed their name, but first to Garlock, then to Garlick.
I don't think we have ancestors but it was a fun connection that at one point we both were Garlicks and Garlock's.
  

Went to Build a Bear. Asher sitting on Papa Garlock, getting the best view of the whole store. 

Christmas songs and See's candy suckers with cousins and dad. 


I drew this for my mom. It's all the grand kids up to the year 2019.
15 hours of hard work. I couldn't do it with out my new friend and art mentor, Terri. As she is getting older she wanted to share her art talent before she couldn't do it anymore. I loved getting to know Terri and hearing her stories about life growing up. Terri is about 70, but going on 30. Still has a lot passion and fire left in her...... We got along great! 


CHRISTMAS WITH THE HANCOCK'S
Decorating Gingerbread tradition. I love this tradition, we all come up with a character to decorate our gingerbread man. Ethan and Asher just love the frosting.





"Merry Christmas ya filthy animal."

Being Silly. 


Puzzles and talking.

Cousins playing groceries.  

Building legos and games. 

Spider man came to visit our house! 




NOON'S DAY EVE PARTY.
Spanish Fork library hosts a new year eve party for the kids. Instead of midnight, they celebrate at Noon so all the kids can enjoy and experience celebrating a year past and the new year to come. They call it "Noon's day Eve party."

Hats are available to color and wear. 




Thanks for great year 2019. Most memorable

1. Ethan broke Nate's brand new 4K T.V.

2. Birthdays: Nate and Lisa 30 yrs, Ethan 3, Asher Jay 1 year old. 

3. Bought Mini Van. Toyota Sienna, Kept Jeep

4. Refinanced house for better interest rate. 

5. Failed Potty training, twice. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birthday SURPRISE!!!!!!!

Christmas and New years 2017

Season with Family