Excitement and upliftment
Looking More like a home!
This week I finally put up some pictures frames. I've had the hanging wire for a month and I was sick of seeing the picture frames on the floor of my closet. I measured and leveled them. After I hung up the pictures I was quite proud of myself. One of many house hold projects done. Next project will be to fix the inside of the small picture frame. Guess everything can't be perfect the first time you try something. Trial and error is how I'm going to learn through out our marriage.
FRIDAY DEVOTIONAL
Every Friday Orem Institute, which is on UVU, campus puts on a devotional. This last Friday Lloyd Newell, the voice on Music and the Spoken word. Lloyd shared what is it like to be apart of Music and the Spoken word. Some things that stood out to me were:
1. The purpose of Music and the Spoken word is for people to be inspired. Lloyd must have a thought that can help inspire any religion.
2. Broadcasting as the voice is Lloyd's calling in the church.
3. It's the longest music "band" He made a comment about some of the boy bands and other groups that have started, had huge hits than broke up because some of them wanted to go solo. Well the Mormon tabernacle choir has been the longest "band"
Lloyd gave us four things of advice
-Be kind. Kindness goes a long way. He mentioned that there are times we may not be able to offer material items to help people but we can offer a good hear and a good hand. This reminds me of a saying I heard on my mission. When I would shake peoples hand I would say "sorry they are a bit cold" The people would comment back and say "Cold hands, warm heart" It reminds me that our hands get cold when we are out and about serving others, while we are serving our hearts become more loving and warm to those people.
The next advice was to resist temptation. To "hold back the world. One by one" One temptation at a time. Next was to be Grateful. Live with Gratitude and last was to have an open heart to serve others.
Such simple things, but they had such a huge impact on me. The spirit was so strong in the room. I felt myself tearing up a couple of times. It was a blessing for me to attend the devotional, usually I am at my internship mediating at the Small Claims court, but this week the courts rescheduled. I knew I was suppose to be at the devotional. Heavenly spoke to me through music and the speaker. I didn't know how much I needed to hear from my Heavenly Father until I felt him at the devotional.
I encourage anyone who can go to the devotional to attend. You never know what you will learn or experience. I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who is aware of my needs.
MOCKING JAY PART 1
Date Night with the cousins. I should have took a picture of them....next time. We will be seeing these cousins soon. Mocking Jay part 1 was great! I read the book to refresh my memory and I must say there were some changes, but the changes did not in any way ruin the movie.
| Nate is Gale, I am Katniss |
| We are Team Gale! |
Comments
Post a Comment