All in One weekend
SCOTTISH FESTIVAL
Nate was wise and did some family history before the festival.
He discovered that the closest clan he is related to is the MacGregor Clan.
We were able to find the MacGregor booth and learn more about the clan!
Proud to have Served in Scotland!
SERVICE PROJECT:
BABY CARE CUPBOARD
For the past couple of years the Family Studies club at UVU has set up a table at the Smith's grocery store and asked for donations. It is a great opportunity to help local babies. While I was there I had two special experiences. I'll keep them brief.
1. A father comes up and says "What do you need?"
Me: "We would be grateful for anything, formula, diapers, food, medicine"
Guy: "Done"
The guy comes out with two packs of diapers, formula, three jars of baby food and wipes.
Guy: I think this is so great that you guys are doing this. This is the kind of stuff that helped me and my family when we were struggling. I came here to buy cinnamon to make french toast for my family, but I think this is great what you are doing and I want to help."
My heart was so touched by his choice of giving back!
PAY IT FORWARD!
2. A woman saw us and said I just came from the bishop's store house and I forgot something, I'm going to the store to buy it now. She comes back out and says "I have baby food that I can't use because my baby is allergic to the food. You can have it if you want, but I don't have a car."
Lauren (Presidency member): "Can I follow you home and get it?"
The women agrees and Lauren comes back with 34 baby jars and then tells me that Lauren saw a filled out tithing slip on the table.
Lauren and I both felt a tender mercy from Heavenly Father. This women reminded me of the story of the widows mite. This women didn't have a lot, but she gave what she had to help others in need.
First Roommate, Still friends
I love this girl. She was my very first roommate at Snow College and helped me have the best first year I could of had. 7 years later and we are still connected. Alycia is having her first baby in the fall and I am so excited for her.





Comments
Post a Comment