THIS BLOG WILL BE A SUMMARY OF OUR CHRISTMAS SEASON OF 2015
 |
| Matt Hancock's annual choir concert. This is our second year going. Both years we have loved it. We took the Front Runner for the first time. It brought me back to my mission. Everyday waiting for a bus or a train to take us to our next miracle. |
 |
| Christmas lights at the Riverwoods. Love how it's so close to our home! |
SCROOGE
 |
| Annual Christmas tradition. This year there were a couple life lessons that stood out to me. It only took me about 20 years to look past the childhood excitement of Sees candy and start understanding the moral of story of The Christmas Carol. Better late than never |
 |
| We saw Scrooge on Brad's birthday. Afterwards we went to Mama Chus- yummy. Happy Birthday little brother, one year closer to my age...yikes! |
 |
I flew to California and was greeted by this beautiful Christmas tree.
|
I scream, you scream, we all scream for
THRIFTY'S ICECREAM!
 |
| Tradition: Thiftys Icecream! The only words I can use to explain how great this ice cream is to me and my family is: I would break my 8 month, going strong diet for one day to have a scoop of the mint chip or Mango icecream. |
 |
My parents were out to dinner with my mom's siblings celebrating my Grandparents 60th Wedding Anniversary. The occasion was just immediate family. All of my cousins had plans, which left me to make plans for myself. The evening was wet and my belly was hungry from the travel and being on the go all day. Olive Garden sounded delicious. I usually go there with Nate for our fancy date nights, but Nate didn't come with me on the trip. I walk in the front door with cold wet feet (I wore sandals thinking it was going to be warmer weather) and a slightly damp jacket. I knew this dinner experience at Olive Garden was going to be different since Nate was not with me. I tried to make the best of it. I got a table, ordered my food (tried something new to spice things up. Glad I did) and called Nate to have a phone dinner date with him. Nate and I sometimes do Technology dates when either one of us is out of town! We love it! |
Aunt Janiece's Funeral
 |
| I know it's hard to see the pictures because of the glare. I tried gettting a better picture, but my aunt was loved by A LOT of people and the crowds kept coming out of the chapel, there was hardly a gap for me to snap a picture. My Aunt Janiece was a happy fun loving woman who laughed at everything. She was kind and could get along with anyone. She had such a special spirit about her and I'm grateful I have memories with her. I 'm looking forward to seeing her again and hear about what kind of missionary work she has been doing while waiting for the rest of the family to join her. |
Gramps Garlock
 |
| I have had two very close family members die this year. I have been very fortunate to intimately know two generations of family members. All of which have been healthy and strong most of my life. This year I lost my beloved Gramps and my Aunt Janiece. While at the burial of my aunt Janiece, my family remembered that my Gramps was buried in the same cementary. I was so excited to be able to find his spot. |
 |
| I know that family are eternal, this life is a test; it's not the end to living. I know I will see my family again because of the loving Heavenly Father's plan of salvation. |
 |
| Brad with Gramps |
MADE IT HOME FOR CHRISTMAS
 |
HANCOCK Family Home Evening. This year we decorated sugar cookies. I know what you're thinking "Why did you buy cookies?" "There is no way those are hand made" Here is my response: It's true these are homemade. Julie's cookie cuter skills are professional and we do have some decorating talent in our family. I promise this plate was hand decorated by Nate and myself. Avery gave me the Snow Flake idea |
Yep you wish you could have joined this delicious meal! So much good food on Christmas!
 |
This is probably Taft's second time (that i've seen him) on this balancing, motion contraption (forget the name). Taft stumbled once and after that it was as if he had been riding it his whole life. His balance was amazing, he was doing spins, going fast, turning corners. It blew my mind how quickly their entire family picked up on it. I'm glad each family has different talents so we can help each other out when needed. |
GARLOCK'S
 |
TWO THOUGHTS FOR THIS PICTURE: 1. CONTRAST IN EXPRESSIONS 2. BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS I love how Nate and Ryan are taking selfie's. Such goofballs. I also love Josie's face as Tyler is most likely explaining how something works to Josie. Love how we can all be together! |
 |
| Instagram did not do the next pictures justice: The Twins created their own place to sit while watching movies. Love how they fit in those baskets. |
 |
| Ruthie having excellent motor skills |
 |
Ruthie requested to color these two ladies. The girl on the left is from Dispicable Me 2 and the other, well if you don't know who this is than we are going to have a movie night! I will not "Let it go!" |
Taking up Time
Nate and I took the Twins out of the house allowing Cyndi and Paul to pack and get ready to leave later that day. Let me clarify, I volunteered to take the twins and asked Nate if he wanted to join me! (at least I gave Nate a choice, love you babe! ;).
Nate and I had errands to run and thought "sure we will take them with us on our errands"
My overall experience was great. My theory and reason for it being great was because part of our purpose with errands was to waste time. I purposely let the twins look at everything they saw (we avoided the toy section- didn't want get sucked into buying a toy). Glad i did or I would not have seen what get's them excited. They were so cute as they saw something they both liked Sam would say "Ben look, turtles, turtles" Ben would then say "yeah Sam and look next to turtles paw patrol" It was hilarious!
 |
| This is Sam wearing a Spider Man hat. |
 |
| This is Ben showing off a Turtle hat. I think he is asking if he can get it. I was tempted to say yes because I think they look great with those hats, but I didn't know if they would actually wear the hats. We left them on the shelf. |
LAST NIGHT IN OUR CONDO!
CHEERS Orem Condo!. You have been nothing but great to us! We will miss you and know you will be loved by your next tenant. (yes I am using a salsa bowl as a cup! ). We will miss being walking distance from Sodalicious, Smokehouse BBQ, Target, 2 gas stations, state street, church and the empty lot where we can buy seasonal fruit, veggies and Christmas trees.
Comments
Post a Comment