Variety of Happenings

Once upon a time 6 years ago......
I was a volunteer in Kiev, Ukraine as an English teacher. One night while preparing lessons for the following week a nightmare came true. I was chewing gum (I think) when suddenly I bit something hard. It was unusually hard for gum. I took the gum out of my mouth for investigation and found a chunk, yes CHUNK of my tooth. Have you ever had a dream where your teeth fall out from the simplest things? like brushing? or they just start falling out? The dream feels so real that when you wake up, you check to make sure your teeth are strong and intact? 

 I used my tongue to feel around my mouth, once I located the spot and brushed my tongue against it over and over again (trying to grasp the reality of it all). I felt another piece of tooth come out. 
AWWWWWWWWWW, It was a nightmare coming true, was my tooth going to crumble to pieces until there was nothing left????  
Only a 1/4 of my moler crumbled away and Fortunately my native coordinator had an excellent dentist and was able to get me in the next morning. The experience was pleasant. My native coordinator was there as my translator informing me what was going on every step of the way. 

My filling I received in Ukraine, lived for 6 years. What a great six years it has been! Now that it has fallen out, my dentist suggests getting a crown! 

The damage tooth is on the right side of the picture, second tooth from the back
NEW CALLING:  YOUNG WOMEN 1ST COUNSELOR

One of our Young Women performed in "The Little Mermaid Musical"  in her Jr. High play. The play was amazing! I was shocked at the talent of those kids! 


BEFORE AND AFTER


Nate and I moved all our furniture downstairs to get ready for our new living room set. 

There they are! Very excited! They had a shipping mistake and delivered the wrong table set. Next week I will have the complete living room picture for you! 






YUM!!! 
Nate and I tried this same recipe a month ago and it was NOT as flavorful as we would have liked. This time we marinaded the chicken and added enough spices on top. With these changes this meal went from our less favorite dish to our top 5 meals being successfully made! 


Before the Oven

After being baked. Doesn't look like much, but the taste was amazing! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birthday SURPRISE!!!!!!!

Christmas and New years 2017

Season with Family