Unexpected Happpenings


DATE NIGHT
Nate had a great date night planned; a walk along the lake front as we watch the sunset (my favorite type of sunset). WE decided to bring our puppy Boston so he could stretch his legs and run around. While the scene was breath taking, the mosquitoes were not. Swarms of mosquitoes were every 20 feet. After going through about 5 of them, we decided to turn around.  
Fortunately the other way wasn't as bad.


Boston posing for the picture



DESK JOBS
I Have a job that requires me to sit at a desk during most of my shift. I don't know about anyone else, but my body doesn't like to sit for  3 hours straight. I saw this in the same magazine as the Orem events and thought I would give it a try one of these days. 






GATE FOR BOSTON!
Now we can lock Boston in the kitchen without having to worry about him using the carpet as his own personal bathroom! We have used the gate for a week and I think it's safe to say that both Parents and puppy are glad to have the gate! 

'


MUTUAL: GETTING READY FOR CAMP! 
For mutual this week we taught the girls how to make foil dinner aka hoe boe dinners, as well as three types of desserts that can be cooked by the fire. The girls looked like they had a lot of fun learning skill for camp and life! 





Building Fires
The girls learned different formations of fire building. This one is called "Star" I can't remember what it's best used for (guess I should have been paying better attention)



This is the Log cabin: Good for dutch oven or grill cooking




Dessert 1: Candy inside a sugar cone. The girls wrapped their candy and cone in foil and set it by the fire until the chocolate melts. 





The good ole Banana Split; Camping Style
There is suppose to be a slit cut down the center, but this leader was too excited to wait for a knife. 

What are some of your favorite Food's and/or desserts to have on the camp fire?

Mine, It's been a while, but I remember loving Dutch Oven Peach Cobble with vanilla bean ice cream!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birthday SURPRISE!!!!!!!

Christmas and New years 2017

Season with Family