March Madness!
There was a story shared from this book in Relief Society that I loved. The story was about a mom who invited Christ to come over. In preparation the mother try to have the house spotless, schedules perfected etc.... When Christ came over there were still things that had to be done, One of the kids needed a bandaid, Dinner needed to be checked out. Christ offered his help and experience, but the mother insisted Christ wait in the living room until she could finish everything.
How applicable to me, Would I be the one to insist Christ stay seated, knowing the help would be great? Or would I be the one to say, Yes help would be great, can you get a bandaid for the scraped knee.
The story got me thinking, how often to I involve Christ in my daily routines and activities? Why is it so hard to accept help when help is extended? Still figuring out what the answer is for me.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TY
My older brother was out of town, enjoying spring break in California, for his birthday. My mom, older sister and I decided to we would celebrate in his honor by getting an ice cream flavor we knew our brother would love! Honeycomb.
My brother has gone through a lot this past year, unknown medical issue, working while going to school, getting the short end of the stick on other things in life. Yet he is still moving forward. What a great example to me!
TAKING ON 2 MORE....FOR A DAY
My visiting teacher contacted me Monday and asked me if I could babysit 2 of her girls. Her normal daycare sitter had a family emergency and left town immediately.
What a delight these girls were. Thankfully I always go somewhere on tuesdays.....the library. Recently I have been taking Ethan to singing time on Tuesday mornings where we sing interactive songs, dance and read a book. Afterward we walk around the library and look at other books (That Ethan can't rip). Hopefully Ethan will be more interested in reading than I am. Reading usually puts me to sleep, so if I need to read a book I have to be on a treadmill or only read a couple pages at a time.
This particularl Tuesday there were coloring pages! (Thank goodness). So much fun!
![]() |
| Here is a mini puppet show! |
![]() |
| Baby size rocking chair that we found and happen to love! |
![]() |
| Found some pillows to climb on and rest our heads |
![]() |
| These two became friends while the younger two were napping |
SNUGGLE BUG
For the past 10 days or so, this little guy wants to go everywhere with his blanket. He constantly cuddles it, lays on it, hides underneath it and wants to eat with it (We are setting boundaries! haha)
I just loved coming in after his nap to find him cuddled with his blanket and foreign stuff animal (seriously, his stuff animal looks like a cross between a bear, bunny and dog). :)
RECENT DINNER
For a while now, this kid has wanted to feed himself, as a mom i cringe for the future mess (not as much because of the amazing clean up job Boston does), but I know it's important to use those skills.
Watching my kid having fun while learning brings such happiness in my life. I had to capture this beauty, yogurt beard!
![]() |
| You will see why he is so happy when you scroll to the next picture |
![]() |
| AND this is why moms never wear nice clothes while raising kids. Ethan threw the yogurt lid at me and directly hit me square in the forehead. I couldn't help but laugh my head off. |
I SPY
Ethan is all play. Ethan loves peek a boo. He plays all day, naps and then wants to play with me for the rest of the day. I am to the point where play dates are going to become a priority because I know I won't be able to keep up with him for too long.
![]() |
| Found him! |













Comments
Post a Comment