Did I do all that in just one week?
DOGGY PLAY DATE
Boston is getting me ready to be a Mom. I receive weekly email updates from the Relief Society. One update/annoucement is that there is a play date on Thursdays. I look over the play date because it's for children and I don't have children yet and don't quite understand why it's a weekly play date.
This week I understand why weekly is so important to commit to. Boston was more restless this week than he has been. He was constantly trying to play with me when I was busy doing other things. Early in the week, my friend I met at the dog park, contacted me and asked to do a puppy play date. I agreed and am so glad it went through. Boston met a new friend, Penny (middle) and had a blast running around and playing. All the owners were able to use our training skills to get our dogs to pose for this picture! The best part is that Link (black labrodoodle on left) is the same age as Boston, literally, they were born on the same day! ) It's great to have a pup the exact age to play with!
We love puppy play dates!
![]() |
| I love how Boston and Link look like they are smiling! |
HANGING OUT WITH EDEN AND JOSIE
These girls were so good to play with Boston. Josie LOVES animals, naturally she was soaking up the experience playing and learning about Boston. I taught Eden and Josie how to tackle Boston, if they wanted to catch him, I also taught them out to retrieve a toy from Boston's mouth. Fortunately, we have not experienced Boston growling or biting when trying to pull something out of his mouth!
I watched as one of the girls was getting a toy from Boston and I'm glad to report that Boston has kept his reputation of not growling or biting.
The video is Boston playing keep away from the girls!
MUTUAL:
WOLVERINE WEDNESDAY BOWLING
For our combine mutual activity we took bowling up a notch and called it skittle bowling. The youth had to randomly select a skittle and each color representative a different way to bowl. I.e. Red = bowl with non dominate hand.
It was a lot of fun, but didn't last very long. The skittles were gone before the game! SO....we did whatever we wanted once the skittles were gone.
![]() |
| One pin to hit, suspense built as the ball approached the pine, will he hit it? Yes he did! |
![]() |
SUBURB SATURDAY
The picture of Boston is a good summary of how we all felt by the end of Saturday. Unfortunately I didn't document it all, however I'll do my best to give you a visual image of our day.
1. It started early, for Boston and I, 6:45-7:00am. Boston and I went on a 4 mile walk/jog. I learned Boston loves chancing birds and doesn't like to be close to me as we walk on the leash ( I was attempting to train Boston to stay close to me as we jogged, by the end of the mile my bicep was burning and I am pretty sure Boston was sore from pulling away from me). However, we did it and I know it will be just as painful for both of us the second time! haha
After our walk, I volunteered at the Ward Pioneer breakfast. I was there at 30 mins early to set up. Once the breakfast started I was in charge of a station. The ward party was awesome, they had games for the kids; potato sack race, shooting a buffalo, cowpie toss and 3 legged races.
The had enough food to feed an army! Leave to to Mormons to cook enough for everyone!!!! YUM! :)
2. Next we cleaned, I painted and Boston played with his Best Friend next door for 1.5 hours!
3. While Boston was resting, Nate and I played sand volleyball with ward friends. Oh my goodness, I didn't think it was possible to find soft sand in Utah! The sand we played on felt amazing, no rocks, no sticks, no junk, just sand!
I wished I captured a video of Nate. He did a jump served that looked professional! One thing I love about Nate is that I unconsciously underestimate his athletic abilities. People look at me and say "she looks like she could be an athlete. People look at Nate and say " He is a Tech guy"
Little fact about Nate, he prefers people to underestimate him! That way he was win everyone's hearts later! haha It worked for me. I completely thought Nate had no athletic abilities in his body when I first met him, then one FHE I saw Nate do a rainbow with a soccer and my interested in him peaked higher! To this day, Nate still amazes me with his athletic abilities!
(I will try to get his jump serve next time)
4. After volleyball we ended the day with a play date with our friend Link (from the picture above).
![]() |
| Us at the Park |
BABY UPDATE
No pictures yet, I still am not showing enough for it to look like I'm carrying a child. I still look pudgy. I promise you, even if I'm not showing I am pregnant, my clothes are gradually getting tighter, my appetite has definitely changed and I am more tired than I have been since I came home from my mission! haha
I will try to take a picture soon. My last OBGYN appointment went well. Nothing to report other than the baby has a healthy heart and I am healthy as well!
My next appointment, in August, will be my ultrasound! *spoiler alert, we are not finding out the gender, hope that doesn't drive you crazy. We think it will be a fun surprise! *






Comments
Post a Comment